Discover the Mincio Natural Park and Lake Garda in a fun, ecological, healthy and safe way: the whole route takes place on a flat cycle path and with our authorised guides. School trips and routes suitable from 12 years old.
Educational activities and bike hire for school trips
Some of our proposals to combine with the cycle route along the Mincio river
Orienteering in the Parco Giardino Sigurtà
Cooking Class in Valeggio sul Mincio
Guided tour of Mantua
Along the River Mincio and Borghetto village
The upper reaches of the river Mincio cross the morainic amphitheatre of Lake Garda, which contains natural treasures of unparalleled charm, including rivers, woods, wetlands and grassy meadows.
Departure from our rental point in Salionze La Littorina del Mincio, after about 8 km we will reach Borghetto by bike, for a dive into the past among narrow alleys, mills and beautiful landscapes on the small rapids of the river, the Visconti Bridge and the Scaliger Castle of Valeggio sul Mincio.
- Responsibility and the rules of the road
- Getting to know the Mincio Park nature reserve
- Getting to know the history and most important aspects of Valeggio sul Mincio
The Mincio Natural Park and Mantua
Between Lake Garda and the Po, the protected area of the Mincio Natural Park is a tourist destination known as “Terre del Mincio”.
A territory made up of water and land stolen from water, which includes Mantua, a UNESCO city, the art treasures and emblems of a past marked by crucial wartime events in the history of Italy, and a variety of natural environments of incomparable charm.
Departure from our Bike Grill La Littorina del Mincio after a short briefing we will ride 35 km until we reach Mantua.
Return by coach.
- Responsibility and the rules of the road
- Knowledge of the Mincio Park nature reserve
- Knowledge of the city of Mantua, a UNESCO heritage site
Optional activities to add to the bike tours along the Mincio:
- Lunch Box: a nice packed lunch surrounded by nature among grassy meadows and the gurgling of the river, you can choose between 3 options): sandwich, or salad, or cold rice in addition to water, and a seasonal fruit, VEG alternatives and for intolerances/allergies on request.
- Parco Giardino Sigurtà: Italian gardening or English landscape garden? You will discover the natural beauty of this enchanted place, the centuries-old plants, the ponds, the magical Labyrinth and the Great Grassy Carpet where you can roll and run barefoot
- Giardino Sigurtà Parc’Orienteering: a sport for orienting oneself in the open spaces, the young explorers will receive indications from a park operator on how to use compasses and topographical maps and will be told which elements to photograph in the Garden among marvellous blooms and soft grassy carpets. Duration about 2 hours
- Cooking Class Tortellini di Valeggio: a fun and tasty activity, following the chef’s advice you will produce the famous “Nodi d’Amore” delicious culinary symbol of the area, and then enjoy the original recipe during an appetizing lunch break. Duration approx. 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Visit of Mantua with a tourist guide: walking through the citadel you will get to know the natural, historical and architectural beauties of Mantova! Duration about 1 hour
- Boat tour of the lakes of Mantua: we will reach the Grazie di Curtatone by bike (from Mantua about 12 km) and return by boat among swans, reeds and lotus flowers (blooming June-July and August). Duration about 2 hours/li>
Where to Sleep: Borgo Stazione Bike Inn
Just a few kilometres from Lake Garda, Borgo Stazione Bike Inn offers the thrill of a unique experience amidst history and nature, the ideal place to spend some relaxing moments and get away from the frantic pace of our daily lives.
Born from the eco-sustainable recovery of the old train station of Salionze, the originality of Borgo Stazione continues also in the type of room in which to sleep: a Suite on the Tree on a fragrant Lime Tree, Family Rooms with elastic hammock, Double Rooms with direct access to the garden, or Apartments with kitchen and private patio.
A pleasant garden gives private access to all the rooms and to the open-air swimming pool; there is also a Wellness Thermal room for private use to relax your muscles, and for cycling enthusiasts there are many dedicated services: alarmed bike room, mini workshop, washing machine and dryer, electric e-bike recharge, maps of the local cycle paths.
Where to eat: La Littorina del Mincio
In an enviable position along the banks of the river Mincio, a stone’s throw from Lake Garda, set in an enchanting scenario between the blue of the sky and the river, you will find the Bike Grill La Littorina del Mincio, which makes the most of local products in traditional dishes revisited in a modern key.
Chef Michele’s love and passion for the area are transformed into dishes: seasonal products at Km0, local but also international specialities and an excellent pizza made with long fermentation pizza crust in the Neapolitan tradition.
Connected to the EV7 cycle path, the Eurovelo 7 Sun Route, “La Littorina del Mincio” will offer you everything from a simple break during your bike ride to lunches, aperitifs and dinners in the open air, in a modern and informal setting: a fusion of goodness and simplicity, nature and leisure.